Best Car Insurance for a Kia Sorento (2022)
Kia Sorento insurance cost is relatively affordable compared to other crossover SUVs. The average cost of insurance for a Kia Sorento is $118 a month, but the vehicle's age and trim level, along with driver factors, will impact the cost.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
UPDATED: Mar 29, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider. Our partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about car insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything car insurance-related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by car insurance experts.
- The average annual rate for full coverage Kia Sorento insurance is $1,414 per year and $118 per month
- Insurances rates are affected by several factors, with the most predominant being the driver’s age, location, and driving record
- Drivers can save on monthly costs and annual rates through several available discounts
Finding the right car insurance company and policy can be a tedious process. Thankfully, the average rates for Kia Sorento insurance are relatively low compared to other similar models.
You still want to find the most affordable rates with a company you can trust to handle all your insurance needs. That’s why we made getting car insurance quotes easier by providing a single source for quote comparison.
In this article, we’ll help you navigate factors that affect Kia Sorento insurance rates so that you can better prepare for your search. We’ll also outline the opportunities for savings available to Kia Sorento drivers.
How much is Kia Sorento insurance?
The average cost of full-coverage insurance for a Kia Sorento is $118 per month or $1,414 annually. The following chart depicts average rates based on the type of insurance.
High-risk drivers pay significantly higher insurance rates because they present a greater risk to insurers. A history of traffic violations and at-fault accidents will classify a person as high-risk, and each accident or violation may cause an immediate rate increase.
Factors That Affect Kia Sorento Insurance Rates
Many factors affect the cost of insurance rates, but most relate to the driver rather than the car. Insurers consider the following information about the driver when assessing risk:
- Driver residence. Plays a part because more congested, urban areas present a greater risk of property damage or theft than rural areas
- History of high-risk violations. Insurance rates increase with each violation or at-fault accident.
- Age. The most influential factor, with insurance rates trending downward in relation to an increase in age
- Driving history. Includes all violations and accidents and can affect insurance rates for up to five years
- Mileage. High annual mileage equals more risk because drivers are on the road more often
- Marital status: Married drivers are typically older and have been statistically proven to have better driving records
- Credit history. Considered in all but three states
Gender sometimes plays a role in Kia Sorento insurance costs. For example, teen males statistically present the most significant risk to insurers. As a result, they often pay higher rates than their female counterparts. However, men aged 45 and up usually pay less than females aged 45 and higher.
Other Factors: State Insurance Requirements
States regulate driver insurance requirements beyond the federal minimum levels of liability coverage, including property and bodily liability. Twelve no-fault states require personal injury protection, also known as no-fault insurance, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. In no-fault states, drivers defer to their own insurance coverage rather than the at-fault driver’s coverage.
Other Factors: Vehicle Safety
Vehicle safety ratings are another element that companies consider when determining rates. Kia Sorentos consistently receive good scores in the following safety tests:
- Roof strength
- Head restraints
- Driver-side small overlap front
- Passenger-side small overlap front
- Side impact
To better understand your risk to insurance companies, shop around for quotes before committing to a company or policy.
FREE Car Insurance Comparison
Compare quotes from the top car insurance companies and save!
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Kia Sorento Insurance Rates by Age
Age alone is a factor in determining insurance rates, but driving history plays a significant role as well, especially when considered along with age.
|Age Range||Rates for Clean Record||Rates foe One Speeding Ticket||Rates for Speed + Accidents|
|Drivers Age 20||$3,206||$3,488||$6,143|
|Drivers Age 30||$1,476||$1,606||$2,828|
|Drivers Age 40||$1,414||$1,538||$2,709|
|Drivers Age 50||$1,290||$1,404||$2,472|
|Drivers Age 60||$1,263||$1,374||$2,420|
Young drivers with several violations and accidents pay significantly higher Kia Sorento auto insurance rates. They present to insurance companies as irresponsible drivers because they have only been driving a short while. Keep an eye out for offered discounts for student drivers to help mitigate these costs.
Available Discounts for Kia Sorento Drivers
Average rates do not reflect the potential car insurance discounts available to drivers. Most companies do not place a cap on the number of discounts you can apply to your account, and the longer you stay with a company, the more discounts are available to you. Some common examples of car insurance discounts include:
- Multiple vehicle discount. For drivers that insure multiple vehicles with the same company
- Safe or good driver discount. For drivers that avoid at-fault accidents and moving violations for a pre-determined period of time
- Low mileage discount. For drivers who remain below a pre-determined number of added mileage to cars each year
- Good student discount. For teen drivers that can present proof of good school grades
- Anti-theft discount. For comprehensive insurance policyholders that have anti-theft devices in their vehicles
- Policy bundling discount. For policyholders that use the same company to insure multiple properties, extending beyond just auto insurance
- Defensive driver class discount. Available for drivers that complete a defensive driver course
Insurance companies want to encourage customer retention and often do so by using discount programs and rewarding customers that have been with them for a long time. The longer you stay with a company, the more discounts you will likely receive. In addition, most companies will start with smaller incentives, such as paperless billing and automatic payments, to lower your monthly costs.
Get Kia Sorento Insurance Quotes Today
Finding affordable Kia Sorento insurance is faster and simpler than ever. You have the resources available at your fingertips online to help you find a company that provides the right insurance and the necessary savings you need to satisfy your budget. This in-depth article should grant you the confidence to explore your cheap car insurance options and ask companies the questions that you need to be answered.